JVI is always looking for qualified dedicated people to help support our mission, by filling the following position:
Development Director (Full Time)
Justice Ventures International
Job Description – Director of Development
The Director of Development is responsible for working with the President and the Development Committee in designing and implementing Justice Ventures International’s (JVI) fundraising strategy. JVI's mission is to secure freedom, justice and restoration to the poor and oppressed by strengthening ventures that promote justice. JVI focuses on fighting human trafficking and other extreme forms of injustice in the Global South with a current focus on India, China and Nepal. For more information about JVI see www justiceventures.org.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to and working in close partnership with the President/CEO, the Director of Advancement (Director) will spearhead JVI’s development efforts. A new position in the organization, the Director will play a vital role in building JVI’s development function to ensure significant funding growth over the next five years leading to a corresponding deeper program impact.
• Develop and execute JVI’s annual fundraising plan
• Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
• Manage the implementation of Salesforce or other donor software and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
• Appeal letters
• Recurrent grant writing
• Ensure reporting to foundations
• Meet and development relationships with donors
• Arrange meeting between donors and the President/CEO
• Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
• Overseeing organization of special events
• Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
Skills and Experience
• Bachelor Degree in relevant field (required), Master Degree (preferred)
• Minimum of four years’ experience in fund raising
• Experience working in a cross-cultural or developing world setting (preferred)
• Demonstrated diplomacy in professional settings
• Ability to work as a team member with others from different disciplines from other disciplines
• Ability to communicate, coordinate, and build relationships with volunteers, investors/donors, and partner organization.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith
• Proven ability to solve problems
• Ability to develop a genuine passion for JVI and its clients
• A winsome and personable team player
• Professional demeanor
• Superior written and verbal communications.
• Periodic travel within the USA, limited international travel
• Position to be based in the USA (Washington DC Metro Area Preferred)
• Start date is early 2017 (Feb/Mar)
• Competitive salary within industry
• Full-time position (preferred). Open to part-time arrangement (min 25 hours per week) for right candidate.
Job posted on 5th January 2017
Please mention Human Rights Jobs whe applying to this position